Over time I’ve built upon certain traits that I think have helped me succeed:
- Going deep, and trying to understand things top-to-bottom
- Being OK only with exceptional work
- Having a broad understanding of the aspects of successful businesses, but being specialized only in a few
- Being highly structured, organized and focused on simplicity
What attracted me to Builders was their early approach to validating the potential for a new business. It is very powerful and sets a company up for success. My personal passion is building great products together with users, and having early market validation and a well-thought-out starting point is essential for that.
Builders also have a strong team that supports the startup from day 1, which gives us access to talent in a stage where most startups need to rely fully on the founding team. This has already proven to be very helpful in terms of the community and content we’ve been able to create.
Creating a community from scratch
For me, the user should always be at the centre of our efforts. These are some things I value highly when working on any solution:
- Craftsmanship - creating products that people love
- Power of community - bringing people together and having fun experiences together
- Empowering people to grow and become a better version of themselves
I’m super excited to work together with the Obeyo users to help them make their life easier. This means diving into their workflow and jumping on calls regularly, but also being open to receiving their feedback. I love to hear thoughts from users on what we are doing (even work-in-progress), and how we can make things easier, more valuable, and more fun.
What lies ahead
In the past decades, our lives and the people and information we have access to have completely changed through technology. At the same time, loneliness, lack of direction in life and other social issues are more present than ever. I believe the key to changing this is to bring great experiences, personal connections, and our physical world together. This is why I strongly believe in co-living and the value it can bring to the lives of people. It should be possible for anyone to have a meaningful, trusted connection to the people around them at the place where they live.